Duties include working closely with Production Manager in the planning and scheduling of incoming jobs in the Production and ensure timely delivery to the customers. He is also responsible to plan, organize and manage assigned project activities. This requires direct interaction with customer, vendors and functional departments to monitor and ascertaining all jobs are progressing within schedule and meeting deadline.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
- Assist the Production Manager in the scheduling of all incoming jobs and ensure close monitoring and timely delivery.
- Assist the Production Manager in taking charge of all coating (HVOF and Armoloy) jobs and ensure delegation and coordination on the necessary works.
- Understand the full requirements of all manufacturing, servicing and improvement project. Follow up on the kick start, execution, monitoring and work closely with related personnel to resolve issues until the completion of the project.
- Ensure all budgets and plans are met.
- Assist the Production Manager to monitor and manage workshop loadings, direct labour hours, overtime, rework, scrap, on time deliveries, downtime, work efficiencies and ensure all measurements are within plans.
- Attend weekly production meeting to provide status update to all relevant departments and iron out related production issues.
- Assist the Production Manager to work closely with all Production Supervisors to formulate shop floor production plans and optimize production hours and weekly planned hours ensuring on time delivery.
- Identify the skill level of each reporting employees and distribute suitable work tasks to achieve higher throughput.
- Manage and resolve grievances and conflicts arising. Motivate employees to boost their morale.
- Work with Production Manager, Engineering Manager, General Manager and HR department to develop, implement and conduct training to enhance the competency or upgrading of skills for production employees.
- Conduct annual performance appraisal for all reporting employees.
- Work closely with the QHSE Manager/ MR to resolve quality issues.
- Perform review on PCR and work closely with the sales, engineering and quality department or customer to clarify all technical specifications and job requirements.
- Assist the Production Manager in resolving bottleneck situations and determining root cause, corrections and corrective actions for internal rejection and scrap.
- Assist the Production Manager in initiating purchase requisition for any requirements.
- Assist the Production Manager in preparing monthly reports whenever required.
- Work closely with all departments to resolve any arising issues.
- Assist the procurement department to deal with external providers on all technical issues.
- Understand and be aware of the impact of each activity to the company, its environment and minimize any detrimental results.
- Follow safe work practices and procedures.
- Ensure company and QHSE policies and procedures are adhered to at all times.
- Participate/ attend all functions, activities and meeting organized by the company.
- Perform other assignment and duties as and when required.
- Control, lead, develop and motivate all reports.
- Monitor and ensure on time delivery of finished product.
- Minimize rework and rejection rate.
- Work with the team to achieve QHSE objectives.
- Maintain good housekeeping at all times.
- Report all unsafe acts, infrastructure and environment to his Manager.
QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE
- Degree preferably in Manufacturing/ Mechanical Engineering discipline or equivalent.
- Preferably 2 years of relevant experience in the metal machining or oil and gas industries.